注意几个细节教你写商务英语电子邮件

发布时间:2017-04-01 00:00:00 编辑:云梦 手机版

  商务英文电子邮件作为对外贸易业务中企业和客户之间最为普遍的沟通方式,在写作时需要注意些什么呢?下面是小编整理的一些写商务英语电子邮件的几个细节,希望能帮到大家!

注意几个细节教你写商务英语电子邮件

  1. Start With an Appropriate Salutation

  邮件开头称呼要恰当:

  Some people jump straight into the text of an email without so much as a “hi”. It’s polite to add a salutation, just as you would with a letter. That might look like:

  有些人写邮件不喜欢加称呼,甚至连简单的“你好”都忽略,直接开始正文内容。孰不知就像在传统的信件上一样,写上称呼是一种礼貌的象征。称呼可以这样写:

  Dear Sir/Madam 亲爱的先生/女士

  Dear Mr. Johnson 亲爱的约翰逊先生

  Hi Sue 苏,你好

  Hello Fred 你好,福瑞德

  Your salutation needs to be appropriate. If you’re writing to a prospective employer, “Dear Mr. Johnson” is probably the best way to go.“Hi Bob” is going to look unprofessional。

  称呼必须恰当。若邮件对象是你未来的上司,“亲爱的约翰先生”这样的称呼应该为最得体的。像“你好,鲍勃”更适用于随意的场合。

  But don’t assume that formality is always the right answer. If you’re writing to a friend of a friend, using “Dear” plus their surname is going to seem oddly stilted。

  那么,是不是正式的用语就万能呢?绝对不是。若你给你朋友的朋友写邮件,那用“亲爱的+姓”就显得异常别扭。

  If in doubt, “Dear [first name]” will usually work just fine。

  当你判断不出哪种场合该用什么称呼合适,你可以使用“亲爱的+名”来应付所有情况。

  2.Get Straight to the Point

  直奔主题

  Your correspondent won’t want to wade through paragraphs of waffle– so get straight to the point. If you’re writing to someone out of the blue, don’t give them your life story before you make a request。

  相信阅读你邮件的人不会愿意仔细浏览你那空洞无聊的长篇大论,所以你需要直奔主题。如果你想写封邮件安慰某个心灵受伤的朋友,开头先把你的建议亮出来,然后再用你的亲身经历来辅助说明。

  Getting straight to the point might mean that the first line of your email (after the salutation) looks something like this:

  直奔主题意味着邮件内容的第一行应该是这样:

  I’m working on an article about Acme Widgets for XYZ publication, and wondered if you had a few minutes to answer the following three questions。

  我现在正在写一篇要交给某某出版社关于极致控件的文章,不知道您有没有时间回答3个问题呢?

  Could you supply me with a quote for the following project?

  可否对下面的设计项目进行引证?

  I’d like to discuss the revisions with you. Would Tuesday at 2pm be a good time?

  我想和你谈谈修订的事。这周二下午两点您有空吗?

  I’ve attached the documents you requested at our meeting yesterday。

  昨天会议上您要求的文件已附上,请查收。

  You may well need to include more details, but if you put the important point up front, your email is more likely to get a timely response. If your question comes too far down, the recipient may not even realise that you need a reply。

  当然,你需要再增加更多的细节内容。若将邮件重点放到内容的开头,你将收到更加及时的回复信息。如果你的问题在邮件后头,收信人可能都不会意识到你在等他回复。

  3.Keep it Short

  内容言简意赅

  Try to keep your email as short as possible. Make the paragraphs short, too – long paragraphs can be difficult to read and take in。

  尽可能将你的邮件内容写得简单明了。文章太长不易阅读和吸收。

  Do make sure you give enough information for your correspondent to be able to make a decision, if that’s required. You might find that it’s best to offer this as an attachment – you’ll have more flexibility over formatting, and your correspondent can print out the attachment easily。

  当然,你需要再增加更多的细节内容。若将邮件重点放到内容的开头,你将收到更加及时的回复信息。如果你的问题在邮件后头,收信人可能都不会意识到你在等他回复。

  4.Write a meaningful subject line “主题”要有意义

  在把你的邮件发送出去之前,你要检查一下邮件主题是否能够准确概括邮件的正文内容。如果你的主题写得很模糊,或者主题栏是空的话,那么很有可能对方压根就不会打开你的邮件。

  我们来看一个例子:

  Subject: Important! Read Immediately!!!

  简评:你认为很重要的事情在别人看来却未必如此,你在邮件主题栏里大喊大叫只会让对方觉得你很傲慢,且不专业。邮件的主题一定要informative (具体;提供有用信息),让对方在没打开你邮件之前就知道你大概要说什么。上面这个主题可以这样改:

  Subject: Emergency: All Cars in the Lower Lot Will Be Towed in One Hour

  简评:如果你的邮件内容真的很重要且紧急,那么不妨把主题写得具体些,同时,尝试主题首字母大写,这样可以引起对方的重视。

  5.Identify yourself clearly 选择一个专业的邮箱地址

  试想一下,假设你是会议的主办方,在会议开始的前一天,你收到这样一封邮件:

  To: Bruce Blinderson

  From:

  Subject: [Blank]

  Hi, I'm going to miss tomorrow conference, can you send me the conference proceedings?

  简评:收到这样一封邮件之后,你肯定很蒙:FuZzYKltTy2000是何许人也?这封邮件可以这样改:

  To: Bruce Blinderson

  From:

  Subject: Conference absence, Sept. 10

  Dear Mr. Bruce,

  This is Morris Ponsybil from…

  简评:这封邮件的邮箱地址更专业,收信人可以把邮箱地址和写信人的真实身份联系起来。

本文已影响861
+1
0